Thursday, August 4, 2011

turquoise birds.

i'm on a spraypainting binge. it's getting a bit ridiculous.

but seriously... spraypaint to me is like magic-in-a-can. sprayable magic, actually. which makes it even better.

we are in the process of going through some of my grandparents things since they just moved into a retirement home and downsized a whole lot. nick, bel and i are getting ready to move into their house, which is really exciting. it just makes my nostalgia-loving-heart really happy at the thought of living in a home that i have twenty five years worth of memories in.

the other night my mom, sis and i were going through some odds and ends and we stumbled across these porcelain birds. i remember these birds decorating my grandparents home when i was a little girl, which makes it even more special for me to have.

enter: spraypaint.

i fought the urge to just paint them white, since i tend to want that classic look... and instead, grabbed a paint of turquoise (my latest color obsession) spraypaint and went.to.town.


+

=


love these sweet little birds. and they will be perfect to add a pop of color & happiness to a spot in our new house.

have you spraypainted anything lately? frames, lamp bases, ceramic/porcelain figures, vases, plates... the possibilities are endless. one of the cheapest transformations you will ever do!

this post is being linked to these *sweet* blogs:

7 comments:

  1. I love how they turned out! I need more shelving so I can do more stuff like this! I have bought a lot of wood items at the thrift store lately so I hope to be painting those soon.
    Congrats on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute, meg!! i do the same thing - keep my eyes out for cute little things that could be transformed with wonderful paint!!! HOWEVER, i have found VERY little time to do that lately. i guess 3 little lovelies will do that to a person! CAN'T wait to see your home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I hate to spend money on cute little shelf decorations that have no purpose. Super cheap or FREE is perfect! Love how these came out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your bird makeover! Thanks for your comment on my driftwood shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love little birdies! And aqua! They look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this project! Featuring it on the blog tomorrow.

    www.aquaseventy6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The birds look great! And, can we talk about your ironstone pitcher?! FAB!

    ReplyDelete