i definitely splurged on bella's birthday dress&shoes from baby gap. but i couldn't help myself. oh rather, i didn't really want to help myself. they were just too cute.
aaaaand i had the perfect accessory in mind that i wanted to make for her. i saw this belt online, and i've been waiting to make it for months now.
so, with her first birthday around the corner, the first thing i thought when i woke up this morning (bella had spent the night at her aunt jessica's) was making that dang belt. so, i got up, sleepy-eyed and all, and went to work.
after thread&needles, pearls&beads, fabric&felt and scissors&ribbon being strewn all over our living room floor, here is the finished product:



i am pretty excited. maybe not as pretty as the original, but the satisfaction of making it myself and saving a bunch of $$ (to offset the dress&shoes, of course :)) just made my lil heart so happy.
and bella wearing it?? makes my lil heart even happier. how. stinking. sweet.
this post has been linked to these *lovely* blogs:
How sweet! I'm so with you. Having a little girl is so much fun and I KNOW the fun is only beginning! I can't help but dress up whenever I get the chance. :) This belt is darling!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing with So Sweet Sundays! :)
that is gorgeous! and when you have a little girl your excused :) enjoy her
ReplyDeleteSOOO beautiful Meg! I'm jealous of all your frilly girly stuff!! :)
ReplyDeleteThis is beautiful! I like that you used the sheer fabric -- so much prettier! Do you have instructions on how you made it?
ReplyDeleteThat is just precious!! I love it!
ReplyDeleteI would love to have you share this at my For the Kids link party! Come join the fun!
http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-9.html