as i've said before, usually when i'm inventing in the kitchen i don't pay attention to how much of what ingredient i'm adding... i usually just add, taste, add more, taste again. so... here is my best attempt at giving measurements for the ingredients. you may need to add/subtract according to your taste! have fun!
pulled pork sandwiches
*3/4 c. barbeque sauce
*1/4 c. ketchup
*1/4 c. white vinegar
*1/4 c. light brown sugar
*1/2 c. italian dressing
*1 T. soy sauce
*2 T. worcestershire sauce
*2 cloves garlic, minced
*1 lb. lean pork tenderloin, frozen
*6 whole wheat sandwich/hamburger buns
- whisk together the first seven ingredients in a small mixing bowl. place frozen pork tenderloin in crockpot, cover with sauce mixture. mince two cloves of garlic, toss in. cover, cook for 4-6 hrs on high or 6-8 hrs on low.
- when pork is tender and cooked, use two forks to help shred meat (it should fall apart!) toast sandwich buns and fill with pulled pork.
YUM. i plan on these making lots of appearances next year during football season on lazy sunday afternoons. serve with salad, veggies, beans or a healthy version of coleslaw. enjoy!
ok, question - I'm wanting to make this for company we're having on Thursday, but I'm a total nerd for ridiculously following a recipe (lest I mess up...ahem...grilled cheese). Is it 4-6 on low, 6-8 on high or the other way around? I would think it's a smaller amount of time on high, longer on low? I'm only double checking because, like I said, I'm following your directions to the "t". :)
ReplyDeletele, you're totally right! so sorry... i messed up! i'm going to correct it now!!!!! you may want to taste test the sauce to make sure you like it before you add it... i totally just dump a lil of this and a lil of that in there!
ReplyDeletei LOVE the grilled cheese memory!!!!!
It's totally fine! Like I said, I just wanted to double check because I'm so much more confident in your cooking skills than mine!! I can't wait to try it! I'll let you know how it goes :)
ReplyDelete