i.love.these.muffins. when i was little, my mom made them all the time. i have memories of waking up on snowy winter mornings to find out we had no school, and the smell of these cinnamon-and-sugar muffins warming the house.this morning has been lovely. it's been a busy and exhausting couple of weeks. my dad has been in the hospital in boston because his liver disease is advancing so aggressively, so we've spent alot of time in the city lately. which has also meant i've had to spend lots of time away from my bella :( i don't deal with that well!
i couldn't wait for today because we have NO plans. no plans except for staying in our pjs, making muffins, listening to christmas music and waiting for our new living room furniture to be delivered. lots of reading, snuggling and playing. perfect.
bella "helped" me make these muffins this morning but i forgot to put baking powder in. oooops. i was craving them so badly that i had to make a second batch! they are so delish.
french breakfast muffins
* 1 1/2 c. flour
* 1/2 c. sugar
* 1 1/2 t. baking powder
* 1/4 t. cinnamon
* 1/8 t. salt
* 1 egg
* 1/3 c. butter, melted
* 1/2 c. milk
topping:
* 1/4 c. sugar
* 1/2 t. cinnamon
* 1/3 c. butter, melted
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- combine dry ingredients in a large bowl. in a separate bowl, whisk together egg, butter and milk.
- make a well in the center of the flour mixture, and pour the egg mixture into the middle. stir just until moistened.
- scoop batter into muffin tins, bake 20-25 minutes until done.
- melt butter into a small bowl. in a separate small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon. dip the tops of the muffins into the butter and then into the cinnamon&sugar to coat.
- *note: after i've dipped all the muffins, i combine any leftover butter and cinnamon&sugar and drizzle over the muffins.
i hope you enjoy these muffins as much as our family does :)
Megan, my family loves these too! My mother has been making these for years (I think her recipe is called "French Puffs"....but, they are the same thing, a buttery, sugary bite of awesomeness) Yum, yum!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear your dad is not doing well. Thinking of you and praying.....
yum, yum, yum...you write the cleverest blogs and share the yummiest recipes....
ReplyDeleteThese look amazing! I am so happy you shared the recipe! Thanks Meg!
ReplyDeleteThey look amazing! I have a similar recipe that I was planning on posting soon! Nothing beats cinnamon sugar!
ReplyDeleteFound your blog from the October Follower Fest!
I have to try this.
ReplyDeleteI'm stopping by from the followers fest.
I'm a new follower. Hope you can check me out at
thecheesethief.blogspot.com
Your pictures on the right are great!
Um, I'm pretttty sure I just open-mouth drooled on my keyboard. I'll be making a batch of these gems this weekend!
ReplyDeleteRoxy
This South Korean's Got Seoul