i've been wanting to make a wreath for a while. my grandparents just moved into a new home, so i decided this would be the perfect opportunity. they needed something pretty to spice up their front door.
i toted bella off to joanns today (i love how i say that like it's a good friend's house or something) with a full package of graham crackers to boot. they are the only thing that gets us through errands these days. and no, i didn't actually give her the whole package. just enough to keep her happy :)
i picked up a wreath, some lovely lace, a few martha stewart flowers that were on MAJOR clearance (like a dollar, thanks martha!) and some pretty purple-y fabric.
my original plan was to wrap the entire wreath with the lace, but it was surprisingly sparce for the $5 spool... thankfully i had some burlap on hand which i completely *love*. and i especially like the contrast against the elegant lace.
so with some wrapping and the help of my ever-so-trusty glue gun, this was the final product:
tomorrow bel&i are taking a trip to the retirement community my grandparents just moved into and i can't wait to hang up their wreath! hope they like it... i kinda wanted to keep it for our front door ;)
has anyone else made any wreaths lately?? such great ideas out there!!
this post was linked to the following *amazing* blogs:



Cute! I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty wreathe! I'm sure your grama will love it!
ReplyDeleteHugs, Cindy
Lovely wreath; I want to do a fall wreath for the front door this year--haven't done that in a long time (make my own)--maybe I can be creative too. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat is so gorgeous! So funny, while I was reading the post, I was thinking you should keep it. How bad is that... trying to keep a gift meant for grandparents? I should be given a stern talking to! Love the wreath and the fact that when it didn't go according to plan you took it another direction, which totally worked! Your blog is very pretty... I'm going to spend a few moments here and click to follow you. Have a great day, Jules from bles-id
ReplyDeleteYour wreath is gorgeous~ I love the pretty flowers you chose. I host a decorating party at my blog on the weekends if you would like to come share sometime! :)
ReplyDelete