Wednesday, January 19, 2011

mama confessions.

i feel as though it is a "mom trap"... or let me rephrase... a "human trap" to present our lives as though we have everything together. when i woke up this morning, i was faced with the overwhelmingness that is my life right now. our apartment is a wreck. i haven't exercised since who-knows-when. every day i struggle to fit my time with jesus in. it is the end of january and i still feel like i'm getting back into a routine since the holidays. and in some sense, still feel like i'm adjusting to life as a mom. and bella turns eight months old today. (eight months?! where has time gone).

anyone??? please tell me i am not alone!

so here are my mama confessions. lest you think i have it all together.

1. as previously stated, i haven't exercised in a very long time. this is partially due to the state of extreme discomfort&pain that my body was in for months after having bella. but still, i hate it. trying to figure out where to fit that into my daily routine so i can get this bod toned and in shape before swimsuit season... or before i get pregnant again, whichever comes first (kidding, kidding!).

2. i haven't painted my toenails in probably two months. i partially blame winter. and close-toed shoes.

3. i cry everytime i pack away clothes bella has outgrown.

4. if someone could pay me to be a wife, a mom, decorater of our home, meal planner, professional blogger, cook and crafter, i would be as happy as a clam. all the other responsibilities (ahem... cleaning) i would gladly hire someone else to do.

5. speaking of cleaning, i always make sure our apartment is neat and picked up. but finding the energy to clean each week is a chore for me. i am constantly busy and on the go with my part time jobs throughout the week (i work 20+ hrs a week which i am BEYOND thankful for) our mornings at home all i want to do is snuggle with bella, read to her and play with her. i would be perfectly fine if i spent her naptime only drinking coffee, reading, blogging, eating breakfast and watching morning talk shows.

6. i cried the week i stopped nursing.

7. i *thought* i had lost allllll my pregnancy weight... then i found out a couple weeks ago that the scale i was weighing myself on was wrong. ehhhhh. still only have about six pounds to lose. but still. annoying.

8. i kiss bella's cheeks at least thirty five times a day. at LEAST.

9. i wish that nick could get paid to stay at home and hang out with us. i am always sad on mondays when he goes back to work. we miss him!!

10. i think i am about three months behind on bella's baby book. i have a running list in my mind of everything i need to record and write down. ridiculous! this isn't supposed to happen until at least your second baby... my poor future children...

11. i have all the ingredients to make sugar cookies in my pantry. i was meaning to make them for the girls on nick's basketball team... before christmas break. ooops.

phew. glad i got all of that off my chest. am i alone in all of these things? please, other mamas... help me out here.

5 comments:

  1. you blogged on behalf of 99% of stay-at-home mom's out there. we all think the same thing, you happened to write it down. it's a constant battle to balance everything and even the most experienced moms i've come across still don't have it all together. enjoying my little girl and seeing to her happiness and growth always seems way more important than a clean bathroom to me. i'll get around to it eventually... thanks for your thoughts and know you are DEFINITELY not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot girl, I didn't even start a baby book, haha.
    Haven't worked out since before I got pregnant.
    Just took the toe nail polish off my toes that I had put on the week before Iz was born.
    Still have nearly 20 lbs left to lose.
    And I've made dinner probably 3 times in the 2 months since Isabel has been here...
    You are not alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are not along at ALL. You are in the company of hundreds (thousands!) of mommies :)

    I hate the cleaning too...especially cleaning up messes the boys made on pseudo-purpose. It makes my blood boil. It makes my blood boil when the babies wake up other babies too...it's not good...it's mommihood...

    I've started running on the treadmill. I HATE it...I do feel like I've taken a valium later in the evening every time I do, but I still hate it. I'm reading your blog instead of running RIGHT NOW because I hate it.

    You're not alone...nails?? please... I've been editing my photos for the blog based on whether or not they showed my horrible looking nails...instead of just getting them in shape...

    This is the point in the comment that wisdom and advice are supposed to be written...I don't have any...

    if anything...my advice to myself...right this moment...is to go run, go make the bed and shine the sink...that would help everything...i should go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep- right there with ya. I wish I could elaborate but the kids are now up (the house is still a mess) and I need to shut this computer down. Ahhhh- life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post megan, right there with you... I was thinking how nice it would be to have a babysitter all day just so I could drink coffee have a donut in bed and watch reality shows ALL morning- ha I know awful but I can dream right?! thanks for sharing and stating what many many other mommas have on their hearts!

    ReplyDelete